Slow Melody Comp update
By: ChrisThompson - 26 November 2016
Further details on the 2016 competition taking place next Sunday
With the Slow Melody taking place next Sunday (4th December) here are the times of the sections.
Section 1 - 8 years and under (Beginners) - 10.30
Section 2 - 9 years and over (Beginners) - 11.00
Section 3 - 10 years and under (Juniors) - 9.30
Section 4 - 11 years old (Juniors) - 9.50
Section 5 - 12 years and over (Juniors) - 10.25
Section 6 - 13 years and under (Youth) - 12.15
Section 7 - 14 and 15 years (Youth) - 9.30
Section 8/9 - 16 years and over (Youth) - 11.15
Section 10 - Beginner and Junior Group - 11.20
Section 11 - Youth Group - 11.45
Section 12 - Open Non Brass - 11.50
- All Trophies need to be returned from the winners of the Slow Melody & Charles Gorse Awards winners last year this Tuesday please.
- Please arrive no later than the start time of your section.
- All timings are approximate and if everyone is ready they may start earlier, or some sections may take longer due to the type of piece and number of entrants
- Due to a lack of entrants, section 8 and 9 have been combined.
- When you arrive please sign in with Matthew and Charlotte where they will need a copy of your piece, with photocopier facilities available on the day. If you have backing music please give the disc to Nigel/Tom/Chris who will be in the room on the day.
- While we would prefer everyone in the room at the start of the section to hear everyone else and to minimise disruption, we are giving players the option of warming up and entering the room just before they play again, however players who are not ready to play will not be allocated another time.
- Warm up facilities will be in the Rigby Block (Junior band rehearsal room) and NOT the Maxwell Davies Centre. We have committee members allocated to supervise, but all help will be gratefully received
- The results will be announced after each section and trophies presented in the evening.
- All family and friends are encouraged to hear competitors play and we will have refreshments available all day.
- If you have any questions or queries, please email Matthew Darlington directly at email@example.com
- Evening Concert will now start at 5pm